So once again I did the Guest Round for Rocky Sullivan’s Pub Quiz. Thanks Scott! This time my theme was “Sequential New York”. The eight puzzles I offered up to the Rocky’s puzzlers were a sequence of four things related to New York City, and for each question I asked what was the next thing in the sequence and what was the sequence. Each correct answer was awarded a point for a total of 16 possible points. Four of the questions were outer borough related, one for each outer borough, and four were Manhattan or citywide. As a bit of a hint, I said Outer Borough or Manhattan or Citywide as a preface to each question. Here were the teams scores:
Hello Hello Hello: 11 points
A Midsummer’s Night Revolution: 11 points
The Woodwork: 10 points
Yes We Can Drink Six Point: 6 points (ironically)
The Saddlebackers: 5 points
Just the Tip, Bigger, Longer Uncut: 4 points
Knocked Out By Cypress: 4 points
Van Halen: 4 points
The Tumblewoods: 3 points
Can you top that? Happy Puzzling!
OB= Outer Borough MoC= Manhattan or Citywide
1. OB: 4,3,5,7, __ What number comes next and why?
2. MoC: The Crew of Gemini 3, Chung Hee Park, The Crew of Apollo8, The Crew of Apollo 11, ____________ Who comes next and why?
3. OB: Confucius, Laotse, Moses, David, ___________ Who comes next and why?
4. MoC: The Empire State Building, The Bank of America Tower, The Chrysler Building, The New York Times Building, ____________ What building comes next and why?
5. MoC: Midnight Cowboy, The French Connection, The Godfather, Annie Hall, ___________ What movie comes next and why?
6. MoC: H,I,K,O, _ What letter comes next and why?
7. OB: Svetlana Kuznetsova, Kim Clijsters, Maria Sharapova, Justie Henin, ___________ Who comes next and why?
8. OB: Pleasant Plains, Richmond Valley, Nassau, Atlantic, __________ What comes next and why?